Challenging students to better themselves and to become a team.

In term 2 we have decided as a class to bring houses or teams to our class. A huge focus of this term will be Team Work and how we as a class influence eachother, how we influence students in the school and how we can make changes in the school if we work hard enough as a team. We have discussed how our class team is made up of individuals, who in turn, make up our class, our class make up our upper school, and our upper school is half of Epsom Primary.

We use teamwork to challenge our learning and how we can get better and better each day! I set students high expectations so they know that if I believe in them that they can do it! We talk up what we can do for others in the school and how we can set the example and help others be the best they can be.

Each day I have placed the following goals on our board for all students.

Teamwork, Respecting our differences and Improving Everyday!

Do you think its important to talkup team work? What are some ways we could do it differently?

3 thoughts on “Challenging students to better themselves and to become a team.

1. What a sensational idea. We need to keep talking, talking and talking about learning and high expectations. I like your thought; if we show students that we believe they can achieve things – then they will believe they can achieve great things.

2. “Helping each other be the best they can be” yes and thats our job also to help all students be the best they can be. This also translates to our teaching colleagues and sharing our learning between each other on staff. I like the way you quickly share your successes with enthusiasm Tristan. It’s helping others be their best for teaching also. Enthusiasm is catchy like the common cold. So thanks for helping us to be our best.

3. Hi Tristan,
    I love your enthusiasm and energy, challenging the students to be their best. I hope that by implementing houses in your room it will allow 3/4P to quickly transition to a whole school community model for houses at Epsom PS….one day!
    Keep blogging,
    Gill